Twenty year old Adrian Perez of San Sebastian College and Narciso Gumila of EARIST won against their respective opponent to share the lead after 5 rounds
of the Tonsuya Malabon City Summer Chess Tournament held in Tonsuya Covered Court,Malabon City. Perez defeated Melvin Salutan while Gumila hands Richie Evangelista his first set back. Top seed Efren Arguelles was held to a draw by co leader Frederick Bernabe and fell one half point behind at 4 points.Also with the same score were Marlon Ricafort; Andrew Casiano and John Lee Antonio. Andrew Casiano score his fourth consecutive victory after losing his first round game.Philippine College of Criminology top board player Kevin Baltazar won against Ricardo Sadowa and now shares 8th -11th place with 3.5 points. 2010 Palarong Pambansa gold medalist Kenneth Baltazar (3.0 points) was held to another draw this time by Malabon Palarong NCR representative Kimuell Lorenzo.
Round 5 Results
1. Gumila,N - Evangelista,R 1 : 0
2. Bernabe,F - Arguelles,E draw
3. Salutan,M - Perez,A 0 : 1
4. Ricafort,M - Roma,A 1 : 0
5. Casiano,A - Salmorin ,G 1 : 0
6. Tayson ,A - Antonio,JL 0 : 1
7. Estrella,E - Jeremias, K 1 : 0
8. Sardowa,R - Baltazar,Kevin 0 : 1
9. Mercado,J - Pitero,P 0 : 1
10. Alora,V - Barcelona, J 1 : 0
11. Abarca, E - Salvador,M 0 : 1
12. Baltazar,Kenneth - Lorenzo,K draw
13. Caballero,G - Octaviano,P 0 : 1
14. Vitalicio,R - Ping, A 0 : 1
15. Peralta,R - Borja, J 1 : 0
16. Lapurga,J - Berdadero, J 1 : 0
17. Nadera,CM - Cruz, C 0 : 1
18. Pacis,A - De Guia, H 0 : 1
19. Alvarez, E - Isip,L 1 : 0
20 Bernardino,F - Baylon, J 1 : 0
2016 Palarong Maynila Chess Meet (High School Boys) Final...
Chief Arbiter Ernie Baltazar announcing the winners in the High School Boys category during the awarding ceremony of last year 2015 Palarong...
Top female player Ynah Sophia Canape of the University of the Philippines and Melwyn Kenneth Baltazar of Colegio de San Juan de Letran at ...