Manila Division of City School
F.G.Calderon High School
cordially invite you
to the opening of the
MANILA DIVISION OF CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT II
on Monday, August 5, 2013
at the Social Hall, F.G.Calderon High School
Hermosa Street, Tondo Manila
OATH OF SPORTSMANSHIP
We the participating athletes of the 2013 Manila Division of City Schools District II Meet
Do hereby solemnly pledge
To play the game with the will to win
To do honor to myself and the school
I also declare that I shall obseve and
abide by the
rules and regulations of the game in an athmosphereof friendly competition and fair play.
To respect our fellow competitors, officials, and spectators.
Never to sacrifice sportsmanship for personal gains
To accept defeat with dignity
And be humble and generous in victory
So help me God
12: 00 noon Philippine National Anthem
F.G.Calderon High School
Mrs Mercedita Tolentino
F.G.Calderon High School
Oath of Sportsmanship
2012 District II Gold medallist
Manila Division of City Schools
Drawing of lots
F. G. CALDERON HIGH SCHOOL
J. P. LAUREL HIGH SCHOOL
LAKAN DULA HIGH SCHOOL
M. L. QUEZON HGH SCHOOL
S. OSMENA HIGH SCHOOL
F. TORRES HIGH SCHOOL
Following is the tournament schedule:
Monday : August 5, 2013 Round 1
Tuesday : August 6, 2013 Round 2
Tuesday : August 6, 2013 Round 3
Wednesday : August 7, 2013 Round 4
Wednesday : August 7, 2013 Round 5
Thursday : August 8, 2013 Play off
Format : Single Round Robin System
Social Hall, F. F. Calderon High School
Hermosa, Street, Tondo , Manila
12:00 noon, Thursday, August 8, 2013
GUIDELINES OF CHESS TOURNAMENT FOR DISTRICT MEET
A. GENERAL RULE
The general FIDE laws shall be applied .The following specific regulations for the District Meet.
1. Only players who have been properly screened and approved by the screening committee can play after submission of all requirements.
2. The mode of competition shall be a single round robin for six team or less. 5 round Swiss System for more than six team.
3. The scoring shall be as follows, a player who wins his game, or wins by forfeit, scores one point (1), a player who loses his game, or forfeits scores no points (0) and a player who draws his game scores a half point (1/2).
4. The final ranking shall be decided by the number of game points. In case of a tie, the following order shall be considered : a. match points b. result of the individual match between the teams tied. c. in case the match is drawn , the tie shall be decided by the result of the game in Board 1. If the game is drawn, then the result of the game in Board 2 .if a tie again results, it shall be decided by board count (Berlin System) as follows:
o win on Board 1 is 4 points
o win on Board 2 is 3 points
if a tie still results between teams, one player from each team shall play a sudden death knockout of 6 minutes for white and 5 minutes for black to be decided by the Chief Arbiter.
5. From the team event, the best scores on each board shall be the individual board champion.
6. Mobile phones and similar electronic means of communications should not be brought to the tournament hall. The arbiters are going to penalize the players who do not obliged with the rules.
7. Photos and motion pictures allowed to be taken within the first 5 minutes of the round. Journalist and guest should leave the hall without the warning of the officials
8. Any views or demands about the organization should be made to the Tournament Director. Only the Heads of the Delegates should clarify the demands and opinions about the organizations. Parents are only responsible for their children.
9. It should not be forgotten that winning or losing is only meant for the players.You should be responsive in terms of complying with the rules without forgetting that the Chief Arbiter and the arbiters are going to behave impartially and fairly in order to complete the event without a problem.
10. The use of chess clocks is mandatory. All participating schools are required to bring at least four (4) chess clocks (functional) anf four (4) tournament size chess sets for their own use.
10.1 If the player,having the move,has less than two minutes left on his clock, he may claim a draw (insufficient losing chances) before his flag falls. He shall stop the clocks and summon the arbiter.
a. if the arbiter agrees, then he shall declare the game drawn or reject the claim.Otherwise he shall postpones his decision and award two extra minutes to the opponent and the game shall continue.The arbiter shall declare the final result later in the game or after a flag has fallen
b.A player can also claim a draw according to articles 9.2b and 9.3b of the Laws of Chess. If the claim is found to be correct, the game is immediately ended as a draw. If the claim is found to be incorrect, the Arbiter shall add three (3) minutes to the opponent’s remaining time and the game continues with the
intended move in accordance with Article 4 of the Laws of Chess. A maximum of two (2) incorrect claims for a draw can be made by each player. If a player makes a 3rd incorrect claim, the arbiter shall declare the game lost for this player.
11. Time control is one hour and one minute to finish the game.
12. Recording the moves is obligatory. The scoresheets shall be used only for recording the moves, the times of the clocks, the offers of the draw, matters relating to a claim and other relevant data.
To present the image of chess as a sporting event, all Players should use their official
14. The appeals committee
No member of the Appeals Committee shall sit in judgment in a dispute involving a player
or party from his School
All protests must be submitted in writing to the Appeals Committee not more than one
hour after the relevant playing session, or the particular infringement complained against.
The Committee may decide on the following matters:
a. an appeal against a decision by an arbiter or a FIDE principal,
b. a protest against a player's behaviour,
c. a complaint alleging false interpretation of the regulations,
d. a request for the interpretation of specific regulations,
e. a protest or complaint against any participant, or
f. all other matters which the Committee considers important.
If possible, the Committee shall reach a decision not more than one hour after the
submission of a protest. The appeals process shall include written representations and a
written decision. .
The written decision of the Appeals Committee arising from any dispute in respect of these
regulations shall be final.
15.Guidelines for coaches
a. All coaches must be present during the game. No team shall be allowed to play without a coach.
b. Coaches are expected to instill discipline to his players inside / outside the playing area.
c. No coaches or spectators is allowed inside the playing area.
d. The coach of the champion player in the individual event shall be the coach of the team in the next level of competition.
e. The champion and the runner-up for boys and girls in the Individual Event automatically gets the two slot in the team composition.
f. Play offs for the Individual event for boys and girls shall be as follows: