The four leaders take it easy on round 4 as the top two boards ended in a quick draw allowing top seed Efren Arguelles to join the leaderboard.
Arguelles defeated Eduardo Estrella on board three while Marlon Ricafort foils the attempt of Kevin Baltazar of Philippine College of Criminology to join the leaders escaping with a victory against the time troubled opponent. Gene Salmorin of Laguna bounced back after a sorry in the 3rd round with a brilliant win against Glenn Caballero. The game Ricardo Sardowa against King Jeremias and Paterno Pitero against Andrade Tayson all ended in a draw. Former national age group champion Kenneth Baltazar finally make his presence felt winning against veteran Eduardo Alvarez.
Round 4 results
1. Evangelista,Richie - Bernabe,Frederick draw
2. Perez,Adrian - Gumila,Narciso draw
3. Arguelles,Efren - Estrella,Eduardo 1 : 0
4. Baltazar,Kevin - Ricafort,Marlon 0 : 1
5. Salmorin,Gene - Caballero,Glenn 1 : 0
6. Jeremias,King - Sardowa,Ricardo draw
7. Octaviano,Philip - Salutan,Melvin 0 : 1
8. Pitero,Paterno - Tayson,Andrade draw
9. Antonio,John Lee - Ping,Alvin 1 : 0
10. Salvador,Marvin - Casiano,Andrew 0 : 1
11. Roma,Alvin - Peralta,Rico 1 : 0
12. Borja,Jaime - Alora,Verth 0 : 1
13. Isip,Leslie - Mercado,Jayson 0 ; 1
14. Alvarez,Eduardo - Baltazar,Kenneth 0 : 1
15. Barcelona,Jojo - Lapurga,Jholo 1 : 0
16. Lorenzo,Kimuell - Nadera,Chessa May 1 : 0
17. Pacis,Allan - Abarca,Edwin 0 : 1
18. De Guia,Henry - Vitalicio,Ricky draw
19. Berdadero,Joshua - Bernardino,Faye 1 : 0
20. Cruz,Christopher - Baylon,Joanna 1 : 0
The champion Marc "Ballen" Baltazar Marc Baltazar defeated top seed Sammy Benitez and second seed Christian Del...
Champion Ernie Gonzales receiving his championship trophy from PBCA President Ernie Baltazar 4th CEF...
PBCA Master Christopher Rodriguez vs National Master Roland Joseph Perez National Master Rudy Ibanez against PBCA Master Jojo Aquin...
MCA 1Oth Anniversary Invitational Chess Team Tournament Final ra...