Twenty year old Adrian Perez of San Sebastian College and Narciso Gumila of EARIST won against their respective opponent to share the lead after 5 rounds
of the Tonsuya Malabon City Summer Chess Tournament held in Tonsuya Covered Court,Malabon City. Perez defeated Melvin Salutan while Gumila hands Richie Evangelista his first set back. Top seed Efren Arguelles was held to a draw by co leader Frederick Bernabe and fell one half point behind at 4 points.Also with the same score were Marlon Ricafort; Andrew Casiano and John Lee Antonio. Andrew Casiano score his fourth consecutive victory after losing his first round game.Philippine College of Criminology top board player Kevin Baltazar won against Ricardo Sadowa and now shares 8th -11th place with 3.5 points. 2010 Palarong Pambansa gold medalist Kenneth Baltazar (3.0 points) was held to another draw this time by Malabon Palarong NCR representative Kimuell Lorenzo.
Round 5 Results
1. Gumila,N - Evangelista,R 1 : 0
2. Bernabe,F - Arguelles,E draw
3. Salutan,M - Perez,A 0 : 1
4. Ricafort,M - Roma,A 1 : 0
5. Casiano,A - Salmorin ,G 1 : 0
6. Tayson ,A - Antonio,JL 0 : 1
7. Estrella,E - Jeremias, K 1 : 0
8. Sardowa,R - Baltazar,Kevin 0 : 1
9. Mercado,J - Pitero,P 0 : 1
10. Alora,V - Barcelona, J 1 : 0
11. Abarca, E - Salvador,M 0 : 1
12. Baltazar,Kenneth - Lorenzo,K draw
13. Caballero,G - Octaviano,P 0 : 1
14. Vitalicio,R - Ping, A 0 : 1
15. Peralta,R - Borja, J 1 : 0
16. Lapurga,J - Berdadero, J 1 : 0
17. Nadera,CM - Cruz, C 0 : 1
18. Pacis,A - De Guia, H 0 : 1
19. Alvarez, E - Isip,L 1 : 0
20 Bernardino,F - Baylon, J 1 : 0
The champion Marc "Ballen" Baltazar Marc Baltazar defeated top seed Sammy Benitez and second seed Christian Del...
Champion Ernie Gonzales receiving his championship trophy from PBCA President Ernie Baltazar 4th CEF...
PBCA Master Christopher Rodriguez vs National Master Roland Joseph Perez National Master Rudy Ibanez against PBCA Master Jojo Aquin...
MCA 1Oth Anniversary Invitational Chess Team Tournament Final ra...