Richie Evangelista of Pangasinan defeated Jayson Mercado of San Sebastian College to share the early lead with 8 others after two rounds of the Tonsuya Malabon City Summer Chess Tournament held in Tonsuya Covered Court.
Also with the same score were veteran Gene Salmorin; King Jeremias; Marlon Ricafort; Melvin Salutan ; Frederick Bernabe ; Narciso Gumila ; Adrain Perez and Marvin Salvador who upset the 4th ranked Verth Alora (FIDE 2103). The 57-year old Salmorin still hasn't loss his touch by beating 2010 Palarong Pambansa gold medalist Kenneth Baltazar of DEP-ED. Salmorin refuted the experimental and questionable opening of Kenneth to win in 6o moves of a Queens Pawn Game. King Jeremias ,fresh from his victory in the SM Marilao defeated former UE varsity player Andrade Tayson. Local boy Rico Peralta held top seed Efren Arguelles of Batangas into a draw to share 10th -13th place with Eduardo Estrella,Kevin Baltazar and Arguelles. Estrella defeated Malabon Palarong NCR representatives Kimuell Lorenzo while Kevin Baltazar of Philippine College of Criminology won against Fernando Bien of Barangay Tonsuya.
Round 2 Results and standing
1. Evangelista ,R vs Mercado J. 1 : 0
2. Antonio,JL vs Ricafort,M 0 : 1
3. Arguelles,E vs Peralta,R .5 : .5
4. Salvador,M. vs Alora,V 1 : 0
5. Salmorin,G vs Baltazar,Kenneth 1 : 0
6. Jeremias,K vs Tayson A. 1 : 0
7. Caballero,G vs Salutan,M 0 : 1
8. Pitero,P vs Bernabe,F. 0 : 1
9. Barcelona,Jojo vs Gumila N 0: 1
10. Lorenzo, K vs. Estrella E 0 : 1
11. Baltazar,Kevin vs Bien Fernando 1 : 0
12. Perez,A vs Vitalicio,Ricky 0 : 1
13. Octaviano,P vs Isip,L 1 : 0
14. Pacis,Allan vs Baylon,Joanna 1 : 0
15. Lapurga,J vs Abarca,Edwin 0 : 1
16. Berdadero,J. vs Nadera,C 0 : 1
17. Roma,Alvin vs. Bernardino,Faye 1 : 0
18. Borja,Jaime vs Ping,Alvin 0 : 1
19. Casiano, Andrew vs Cruz,Christopher 1 : 0
20 De Guia,Henry vs Sardowa,Ricardo 0 : 1
The champion Marc "Ballen" Baltazar Marc Baltazar defeated top seed Sammy Benitez and second seed Christian Del...
Champion Ernie Gonzales receiving his championship trophy from PBCA President Ernie Baltazar 4th CEF...
PBCA Master Christopher Rodriguez vs National Master Roland Joseph Perez National Master Rudy Ibanez against PBCA Master Jojo Aquin...
MCA 1Oth Anniversary Invitational Chess Team Tournament Final ra...