The four leaders take it easy on round 4 as the top two boards ended in a quick draw allowing top seed Efren Arguelles to join the leaderboard.
Arguelles defeated Eduardo Estrella on board three while Marlon Ricafort foils the attempt of Kevin Baltazar of Philippine College of Criminology to join the leaders escaping with a victory against the time troubled opponent. Gene Salmorin of Laguna bounced back after a sorry in the 3rd round with a brilliant win against Glenn Caballero. The game Ricardo Sardowa against King Jeremias and Paterno Pitero against Andrade Tayson all ended in a draw. Former national age group champion Kenneth Baltazar finally make his presence felt winning against veteran Eduardo Alvarez.
Round 4 results
1. Evangelista,Richie - Bernabe,Frederick draw
2. Perez,Adrian - Gumila,Narciso draw
3. Arguelles,Efren - Estrella,Eduardo 1 : 0
4. Baltazar,Kevin - Ricafort,Marlon 0 : 1
5. Salmorin,Gene - Caballero,Glenn 1 : 0
6. Jeremias,King - Sardowa,Ricardo draw
7. Octaviano,Philip - Salutan,Melvin 0 : 1
8. Pitero,Paterno - Tayson,Andrade draw
9. Antonio,John Lee - Ping,Alvin 1 : 0
10. Salvador,Marvin - Casiano,Andrew 0 : 1
11. Roma,Alvin - Peralta,Rico 1 : 0
12. Borja,Jaime - Alora,Verth 0 : 1
13. Isip,Leslie - Mercado,Jayson 0 ; 1
14. Alvarez,Eduardo - Baltazar,Kenneth 0 : 1
15. Barcelona,Jojo - Lapurga,Jholo 1 : 0
16. Lorenzo,Kimuell - Nadera,Chessa May 1 : 0
17. Pacis,Allan - Abarca,Edwin 0 : 1
18. De Guia,Henry - Vitalicio,Ricky draw
19. Berdadero,Joshua - Bernardino,Faye 1 : 0
20. Cruz,Christopher - Baylon,Joanna 1 : 0
Chief Arbiter Trely Ann Baltazar supervise the event. 2015 San Andres Malate Chess Tournament ...
2016 Palarong Maynila Chess Meet (High School Boys) Final...
The much awaited chess events among Manila's K1-K12 public school will start on Monday. September 16, 2013: the 2013-2012 Manila D...